- Sock it to Poverty!
- St Columba's students doing amazing work!
- Upcoming Dates
- Macy's Polished Man
St Columba’s students doing amazing things!
Our Dad has walked the 100km Oxfam Trailwalk to raise money for Oxfam in April every year for the last five years. We like helping him to raise money for it by helping at a garage sale his team does and also we sell things that we make to our friends and family.
Things that we have made to sell are cupcakes, finger knitted bracelets, things made from loom bands like jewellery and animals, origami and friendship bracelets.
We decided to give some of the money raised to the next good cause we heard about. When we heard about Socktober we thought that sounded great, and we are really excited about trying to buy an ambulance in Uganda.
We like raising money for charity because we like selling things at shops we set up but we don’t’ want to be greedy and keep the money for ourselves. It’s good to do it because it’s not fair that poor people don’t have much and we have lots. It’s really good to help other people, and helping others makes us feel happy!
Jamila and Sienna Baldwin
Hailey House Visits:
Thursday 2nd November, Thursday 30th November, Thursday 7th December.
Things to remember for this term:
- All Saints Day, Wednesday 1st November and All souls day, Thursday 2nd November. After the All Souls day Mass @ 9.30am on the Thursday, parishioners are invited to come and have a look through our school buildings. Some of our 5/6 students will guide them.
- Advent Celebration Day - Friday, 8th December
- Year 6 Graduation Liturgy - Monday, 18th December @ 6pm
- Final Year Mass - Wednesday, 20th December- 12 noon (final day)
Macy’s Polished Man on this Friday 11am-12pm