- 3/4 Learning Community
Through the Educational Research Projects the children were learning to:
- recognise our personal strengths and challenges, and to identify skills we would like to develop.
- describe factors that contribute to positive relationships with our peers and other people in our communities.
- explain what is needed to cooperate and to find evidence of cooperation in our group activities.
- become effective problem solvers by using different strategies.
Hear what the children had to say about their projects!
Harper and Illy
For our Term 1 ERP we did ‘Surfing’. We created a diorama using magnets to control the surfers on the water.
We worked together as a team by listening to each and sharing the work out fairly.
Will and Liam
For our Term 1 ERP we did ‘AFL’. We made a footy field and did a replica of the ANZAC day footy between Collingwood Vs Essendon.
We worked together as a team by using our ideas and listening to each other.
Demi and Grace
For our Term 1 ERP we did ‘Basketball’. We made posters with information and created a basketball court out of cardboard, pipe cleaners and a little rubber ball for the basketball.
We worked together as a team by both searching for information and helping each other.
Reuben, Charlie, Kayden
For our Term 1 ERP we did ‘Soccer’. We made Google slides, wrote soccer facts and how to cooperate in soccer.
We worked together as a team by helping each other to do their work.
Emma and Chloe
For our Term 1 ERP we did ‘Video Games'. We made posters, a slideshow on the computer and a diorama. We worked together as a team by searching for facts.
For my Term 1 ERP I did ‘Music’. I created a big poster about music and teamwork and how they bond together. I didn’t work with anyone but I know that you can work together as a team by sharing each other’s ideas.
Tess and Agatha
For our Term 1 ERP we did ‘Dogs’. We created a slideshow, a booklet and posters.
We worked together as a team by sharing all the jobs and helping each other.
Lincoln and Rex
For our Term 1 ERP we did ‘Gymnastics’. We created a slideshow, a panorama of the gymnastics center.
We worked together as a team by researching facts together.
The Learning Intentions for the students are to:
- Group living things based on observable features.
- Distinguish between living and non-living things.
- Compare the key stages in the life cycle of a plant and an animal.
- Describe the relationships that assist the survival of living things.
- Relate life cycles to growth and survival.