- First Eucharist Preparation
- Pope Francis' Five Finger Prayer
Then parents only on Wednesday 2nd August Info session for First Eucharist 7pm in the Church.
Dismissals at Masses for First Eucharist preparation. Dismissals are an essential component of the preparation and children are expected to attend on either the Saturday night or Sunday morning Masses. If you cannot attend a dismissal please advise Judith in the Parish Office ph: 5331 7131.
Dismissals for First Eucharist
Saturday 5th August or Sunday 6th August
Saturday 12th August or Sunday 19th August
Saturday 19th August or Sunday 20th August (transfer given out)
Saturday 26th August or Sunday 27th August
Rehearsal for First Eucharist will be on Friday 1st September at 4pm in the Church for all children.
Sacrament of First Eucharist will be on either Saturday 2nd September during the 6pm Mass or Sunday 10th September during the 10am Mass.
Pope Francis' Five Finger Prayer
Using the fingers on your hand, start with the thumb and pray these intentions in this order:
1. The thumb is closest finger to you. So start praying for those who are closest to you. They are the persons easiest to remember. To pray for our dear ones is a "Sweet Obligation."
2. The next finger is the index. Pray for those who teach you, instruct you and heal you. They need the support and wisdom to show direction to others. Always keep them in your prayers.
3. The following finger is the tallest. It reminds us of our leaders, the governors and those who have authority. They need God's guidance.
4. The fourth finger is the ring finger. Even though it may surprise you, it is our weakest finger. It should remind us to pray for the weakest, the sick or those plagued by problems. They need your prayers.
5. And finally we have our smallest finger, the smallest of all. Your pinkie should remind you to pray for yourself. When you are done praying for the other four groups, you will be able to see your own needs but in the proper perspective, and also you will be able to pray for your own needs in a better way