- Plants, bricks and green waste vouchers needed!
- Costa is coming!
- How to recycle your coffee pods
- Recipe of the week
- Plants: Our kitchen garden is under way and we are looking for potted herbs, cuttings or seeds that you may be willing to donate from home. Can be as simple as a cutting from existing herbs in your very own garden (like Rosemary or basil).
- Bricks: Do you have any unwanted bricks in your backyard? We would love to use them to create different sections in our garden beds.
- Green waste vouchers: If you have any green waste vouchers you don’t think you will use, we can take them off your hands!
Costa is coming!
The students of St Columba’s School impressed Costa Georgiadis so much last time he visited that he is returning this Thursday! Our Environmental Reps and 5/6 students not attending the Winter Sports Carnival will have the opportunity to work with Costa for a composting and worm farming workshop. We can’t wait!
How to recycle your coffee pods
Are you a coffee capsule lover? Did you know that those delicious little capsules can actually be recycled? But not in your recycle bin! If you use a Nespresso brand machine you can collect the used aluminium capsules and return them to the company for recycling! Click on the link below to purchase a prepaid Australia Post Recycling Satchel for $1.90 (postage cost is already included in the satchel price!). Satchels hold up to 130 capsules! Post back at any Australia Post Office or post box.
Recipe of the week
To make school lunches easier, we are sharing simple healthy recipes in the newsletter. If you have a favourite recipe you enjoy cooking with your children, please email it to Erica to be featured in upcoming newsletters: email@example.com
“An apple a day keeps the dentist away!” This week’s recipes are from Nicole. Thank you!